Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to TC11.2 from TC11

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I read somewhere that TC11.2 has part numbering function we will need to adopt to our comany part numbering system.

I then used the TEM to try and update the the release TC11.2.

I find a hurdle when the TEM requires a db user name which does not exists. It does not let me change to the "sa" account name which I know was created initially during TC11 install,

If I need to create a new user with the name tc_user, how is that done?

Any ideas anyone. Please see the picture below:

2016-04-06_15-25-18.jpg

4 REPLIES

Re: Upgrade to TC11.2 from TC11

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The "sa" account is needed during the initial installation because it creates a database user "infodba" (default) and sets some permissions. From that point forward the "infodba" account is used to create and update the "tc" (default) database instance. Updates to the database will need to use the owning user account which is "infodba". You can find the actual scripts used to create the database instance in %SOURCE_MEDIA%\tc\db_scripts\mssql\create_database.sql.template (line 86).

Some smart DBA's will change the owner of the "tc" database instance to some other name and restrict the permissions (or they could use the create_database_minimum_priv.sql.template script). You'll need to ask your DBA what the name and password is for the owner of the "tc" database instance. That's the account that TEM is asking for in the dialog. By default, the user is infodba and the password is infodba.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Randy,

What I should make clear is that TEM does not let me chnage the user name, the "tc_user" is geyed out there and clicking in the textbox does not do anything. So I can't change the user TEM has there. I can put the password only.

Thats why I thought I should create a user with that name "tc_user"

Thanks again.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The database user name is recorded in the TC_ROOT\install\configuration.xml file. If the db user name is incorrect then you can change it in that file before launching TEM to correct it. It should match the value in TC_DATA\tc_profilevars.bat. Obviously, the database user name is correct or Teamcenter wouldn't work at all. You'll just need to identify the db user password. Think happy thoughts while patching!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

I wish things were a little easier. I am still having some fun and games here. Getting all sorts of weird issues. I reeinstalled about 20 times now. Very productive, I must say. Bleh!

I don't suppose there is a remedy for this one?

Another question, when installing the patch, may it fix this issue, if so where do I get the procedure to install the patch? I s it what they ask for in trhe beginning, when it asks for additional patches? I don't find the help files very helpful regarding this. Perhaps the information is there but if so it is hard to find.

Installing started wellInstalling started wellAn exception again.An exception again.