Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Upgrading to TC2.2 issues

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to follow the steps to upgrade to TC2.2

It has now crashed and I need to know how to recocer.

What did I do wrong. this Happened before and I was afraid to upgrade, but with NX11 we need to be using TC2.2.

After I got the issue below I selected the original instaltion folder. It then proceded and gave me a crash.

I restarted and hope that it will recover, no luck.

So TEM is not working any more. Does anyone have an idea for me on how to get out of this one.

Thanks advance to anyone that can shed some light.

FailedFailed

2016-08-01_16-23-18.jpg

6 REPLIES

Re: Upgrading to TC2.2 issues

Hi It's most of the cases possible to find the rrot cause by viewing the logfiles located under [TC_ROOT]\logs

Some suggestions to a possible problem without seeing your logs,

* You have patched the TEM folder first and then run the TEM with the new 11_2 patch?

* Can be so that the FSC service is blocking some files under [TC_ROOT]\install?

* Is the FSC running?

The last picture it seems as you points to deep for Original medial location. you shall stop at wntx64 folder.

Thanks Jormah,

If you lookk at the log file below. I was thinking perhaps I should chagne the folder names. How can I do that without using TEM as Tem is failing in its efforts tomtry to recover the instalation. I guess it is using the same values.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author stanvdm1
‎08-03-2016 05:46 PM

it will not help now but when I update something in Teamcenter I always make some backups of these folders:

*<tcdata> (mainly it's the subfolder model but I usually take the whole tcdata folder.

*<TC_ROOT>\install

*The volume were the tem user store the files which is uploade to the db.

To revert tem is a bit complicated if it for some reason stops during e.g template compare process. 

Ecepecially the the two first folders will make it possible to go back to the previous state the tem had if someting fails.

btw,  couldn't see any logfile.

Stan,

The "Update kit location" is correct: D:\Siemens\Tc11.2.2_wntx64\wntx64. The "Original Media Location" is wrong (should be): D:\Siemens_Files\Tc11.2.0a_win64.

First, Tc11.2.0 had issues and GTAC released a patch called Tc11.2.0a. Second, download and combine the two zip's into a single folder called Tc11.2.0a_win64:

• Tc11.2.0a_win64_1_of_2.zip
  • Tc11.2.0a_win64_2_of_2.zip
  • Combined: Tc11.2.0a_win64
  • Path: D:\Siemens_Files\Tc11.2.0a_win64\

You may need to correct the TC_ROOT\install\configuration.xml file for the new path (sourceDir).

TEM.PNGMedia.PNGConfig.PNG

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks Randy,

Does this mean I need to reinstall with TC11.2.0 or will it be happy to use the TC11.2.0.a media at this point in time? Given that I change the path in configuration.xml?

Thanks

Stan

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author stanvdm1
‎08-03-2016 05:45 PM

[ Edited ]

If you used Tc11.2.0 initially then I would patch it to Tc11.2.0a. Then I would apply the Tc11.2.2 patch after. The "Original Media Location" is looking for the base software and needs to know where to find it when installing new features. After which the "Update kit location" can apply the appropriate patch.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2