Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User's password match with login

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, guys.

There is problem with our teamcenter users. They are very lazy and dont want to change their passwords after creating teamcenter profiles.

When we create TC profile for users, we create password coinciding with login, e.g login: IvanovII, password: IvanovII. And this combination of log\pass may stay without changes for years.

So, we have huge problem with security.

There is way to fix this problem?

4 REPLIES

Re: User's password match with login

Genius
Genius

Hi,

give them a more complicated initial password, and they will change :-): p03i&O_a$Grh8

and set some password policies, see documentation

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help#uid:xid1256816:index_plm00101:xid1098362:i...

Experimenter
Experimenter

thx, i know about this preferences and use it already. But this prefs can't compel users change their passwords. It take affect with new passwords only, but not with old.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I recommend implementing TcSSO w/Kerberos. It uses the OS login username and password to get a key from Kerberos to log into Tc without ever passing the password in plaintext. When the OS password is changed then Kerberos automatically picks it up from AD/LDAP on the next login. Password issue solved permanently by brute force.

Use Apache Tomcat to deploy ls.war/id.war and skip all the JBoss stuff. You will the redirector installed on IIS to point to Tomcat.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius

You are right, there should be one more preference: PASSWORD_max_lifetime

But it should be possible with the other preferences, that the userID cannot be used as password