Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility (spatial filter activate)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions to the utilities below:

• qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba  -force_queue_all_possible_updates
  • qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba  -list_queue
  • qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba  -process_queue

I have checked the documentation (GTAC/Siemens) but there´s too little info for me.

Questions are following:

- what kind of function actually this three utilities have (for each detailed description)?

- have these three utilities any influence on existing data?

- which utility exactly (from the above three) activate a spatial filter?

- spatial filter activation: do we have to run these three utilities again and again (by changes of BBox values or using another assembly) or once started, is always activated?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Utility (spatial filter activate)

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
These are all the same utility but using different arguments. For Spatial Search, the qsearch_process_queue utility is all powerful. Yes, you will be running the utility again and again. You can set it up as a cron, scheduled task or use Dispatcher. Utility reference:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12.1/help#uid:qsearch_process_queue

None of the above three sets of arguments enable a spatial filter. For that you need:
qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -enable_product_scoping
Running that will create the Tc preference and three tables in the database. See:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12.1/help#uid:xid1256815:index_plm00301:xid597825:xi...

Note that this has a large impact on performance so be aware of what you're doing and when.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

1. I followed this instructions:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12.1/help#uid:xid452271

but spatial filter was still inactive.

2. Then I run with this three sets:

qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -force_queue_all_possible_updates

qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -list_queue

qsearch_process_queue -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -process_queue

3. and then the spatial filter became active.

Look at the solution center: 001-6325802 if you dont believe me.

I have two questions accoding to this three sets:

What kind of function actually this three utilities have? In Siemens document, there is insufficient information about this three sets.

Have these three sets any influence on existing data?

Regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

To be able to perform spatial filtering in an efficient manner you need 2 pieces of information;

• The volume of space occupied by each part.
  • Where each occurrence of the part is located in the space of your product.

The volume of space occupied by each part is stored in Teamcenter as a bounding box for the part and optionally a more refined Trueshape file in either the NX or JT dataset for the part.  This gives you the space that the part occupies in the coordinate space of the part itself.

To be able to perform a search globally across your product you need to know the space that each occurrence of a part occupies in the coordinate space of your product.  This is where the spatial index comes into play.

qsearch_process_queue updates the QSearchIndex objects in the Teamcenter database.  These objects are then queried by the spatial filter in the structure managers, 4GD content explorer etc.

As you make modifications to your product design then the spatial indexes need to be updated.

Actions performed inside Teamcenter such as repositioning a part result in entries being added to a queue of QSearchIndexUpdateEntry objects (check the documentation for the preference QSEARCH_update_enabled).

This is the information you see when you use the -list_queue argument to qsearch_process_queue.

When you use the -force_queue_all_possible_updates then effectively an entry is added into the queue for each of the bounding boxes in the system.

When you use -process_queue then the queue entries are read, and the QSearchIndex objects built / updated.

You need to run qsearch_process_queue -process_queue on a regular basis.  You can do this either with a scheduled job on your server, or via an auto-repeating dispatcher job.

This is described to a certain extent (and with some pictures) in the cacheless search deployment guide section 'Understanding Spatial Search Indexes'.  Located here for 12.1;

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12.1/help#uid:xid1256815:index_plm00301:xid597824:xi...