Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Rules on BomLine

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello Guys...

I've created two notes (List of Note Types) in BMIDE.

Now I need to validade theses values before I approved the item.

It's possible to use the Verification Rules to verify if these note has a specific value? Or if anyone has other ideia, because these information is stored on BomLine and I've to check before approve it.

7 REPLIES

Re: Verification Rules on BomLine

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Runtime properties are hard and I'm not sure that Verification Rules can do it. I believe BCT CheckIt does it well.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Phenom
Phenom

Hello, you can use the Workflow handler PS-check-occ-notes:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.2.3/help/#uid:EPM-check-occ-notes

Siemens Creator

The ideia is good, but I need this verification not at all bom lines, but only on especifics itens on BomLine. 

Phenom
Phenom

Then I think that you need a custom handler that will do what you need

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You could try using EPM-invoke-system-rule.  It includes occurrence notes in its XML output.

Siemens Creator

I'm thinking in other way...

It's possible to make a query executed by workflow condition task, that checks if these occurrence note has a specific value?

If I can make these query I think that resolves.

Anyone knows how can I create these query?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You can query through the data model PSOccurrence -- notes_ref --> PSOccurrenceNotes.

The problem is that the note data is held in two arrays on the PSOccurrenceNotes object; note_types and note_texts.

Where note_types points to the NoteType object.

Using Query Builder you can't correlate the two arrays so you won't be able to check for a specified note having a specified value.

The best you can probably do is check if an occurrence has a specified note, OR check if an occurrence has any note with a specified value.

If you want to check NOTE_A has VALUE_A then you will probably need to use something else;

PS-check-occ-notes - just checks if a note exists.

EPM-invoke-system-rule - You will be able to check for NOTE_A = VALUE_A, but you need to do some scripting.

PIE-export-to-plmxmlfile + EPM-run-external-command - You will need to do some scripting, but you can check for notes on multiple levels of product structure.

A custom handler - It can do whatever you want, but you're writing in C / C++.