cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio 2013 Add-in missing in TC 11.2.3 Systems Engineering

Creator
Creator

Hello Community,

I have sucessfully installed a Teamcenter 11.2.3 CorporateServer Installation including Systems Engineering Exteension. I'm using Windows Server 2008 r2 with MS MySQL and IIS (serverside) and a 4-Tier-Rich-Client (clientside). All Extensions were iunstalled on the server and on the client. I did install the OfficeClient as well. Word, Excel and Powerpoint do work very well.

However, when I try to create a functional diagram in the Rich Client I get the following Error Message:

"The specified port number is invalid. Possible reason: The Visio Visio add-in is not installed."

I am using MS Visio 2013.

When I go to Visio Options, there is no Teamcenter Plug-In in the COM-List (as it was in Word, Excel and Powerpoint).

Where do I get the Visio Plugin?  I could not find anything named "visio" in the installation source or in the local installation folder. Any suggestions are welcome.

Kind Regards.

2 REPLIES

Re: Visio 2013 Add-in missing in TC 11.2.3 Systems Engineering

Creator
Creator

I found the template data (*.vsx and *.xml) within the folder %Teamcenter%/install/systemsengineering on the servers filesystem. However, on the client side the same folder did not exist (even though I installed the Systems Engineering Extension with tem.bat on both machines).

I tried to copy-paste the folder into the clients filesystem, but still the same error occurs both on server an client instances.

Can anyone help?

Re: Visio 2013 Add-in missing in TC 11.2.3 Systems Engineering

Creator
Creator

After one week of try-outs I finally found the solution myself:

The Add-In can be found in the folder of patch TC11.2.3 in %Tc11.2.3_patch_1_wntx64%\wntx64\additional_applications\diagrammingvisioaddin

Regards