Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization Server Manager

Genius
Genius

Hello;

"Visualization Server Manager" requires to be installed on a physical machine for production env? Or it can be installed on virtual machines?

I really appreciate you helping me with your experiences.

BR.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Visualization Server Manager

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
It probably can run on a VM as long as the VM remains running. One of the gotchas is that TC_ROOT\vispoolmanager\run_visservermgr.cmd cannot be run as a windows service (see auto login in help) and you have to lock the session: rundll32.exe user32.dll LockWorkStation.

Due to performance and possibly adding "Visualization Data Server" later for indexing and displaying BOMs which requires supported graphics, and that its easiest to install VDS on the same server running VSM, its recommended to have VSM on real hardware.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

@RandyEllsworth , what do you think about using a VM as the visualization server when you plan to use client side rendering?

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
For the Visualization Server Manager (3D viewer in AWC) as a VM is not supported since it requires graphic support (Nvidia GRID) - I think it defaults to server-side when client-side is not available. That said, I believe your use-case is valid and anything I can put on a VM, I do since, it simplifies administration and backup/recovery. We are in the process of trying this same use-case ourselves but I don't have any additional info at this time.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4