Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow: Interface for the user

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi the community,

I will try to explain easily my request!

When your user receive a Task to perform (Do Task or Review Task), into the TCVIEWER mode Task view, you don't have the name of the workflow (The main name of the workflow), you have only the process name.

Do you know how can I put automatically this name?

Please look the picture, you will understand better.

Thank you for your help

Damien

PLM Consultant / Switzerland
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Workflow: Interface for the user

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, when you create a process, you can specify any name for it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello @ArthurRM

yes sure! But it is not automatically... Because user needs to add into the process name the work that they did, Example: Part for the project xxx

But we need into this view the name of the workflow Example: Release Item

One solution I found is to use the "Process View" but in this case user needs to do one more click to accept/refuse a task.

No other idea to add by default into one field or view?

Thank you

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

You want to visualize the 'template name' as information for the user? Hm.... either look in to the process view or look into the audit log in the summary view.

Maybe you can customize the ootb stylesheet and add this property to the new custom stylesheet.

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
They are separate objects with separate names. You would have to do something fantastic (and maybe impossible) in BMIDE to traverse the object tree to the root and capture the name. The root can be one-level or multiple levels above the task which makes this really hard. I think an extra click by the user is your best solution unless you can add a column for the root template name to the "Task to Perform" Details view.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

...or add the 'template name' in the description / instruction field in the review task of the workflow template.

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Do you need to see the "Release Item" only on this task or do you want the process name to always be "Release Item"?

If you want to always see a "Release Item" on this task, just rename the "Approbation" task to the "Release Item"

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Michael_Ruhnke

Hi Michael,

I will check with the stylesheet. Even I've already thinked about your second solution (Write into the description) but in each workflow, you need to add for each task.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @RandyEllsworth

thank you for your input. As I said at my first post, I don't know if it's possible.

Solution of you and other from the community are well, I just search if a third solution are possible

Pioneer
Pioneer

@ArthurRM

I also think about your last solution!!! Default is, you need to add in each workflow in each step the name...

Thank you for your answer