Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Workflow: Is there a query to ask if a task has already been performed?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Experts,

i have a question regarding the rejection of a review Task. In my Workflow a few tasks are performed before there is a Review. If this Review is rejected there should be a condition Task, that asks for rework or rejection. If i decide to rework my Tasks i want the task to be performed again. 

My first atempt was to set a failure path like this:

Reject Testing 1.png

The Problem in this atempt is, that the Status of my previously performed tasks (Task2) remain "Complete" and haven't been resetted after rejection. 

So tried to use the EPM-demote-on-reject handler with the task_target "Condition 2". 

Reject Testing 3.png

So now after rejecting the Review the workflow jumps back to "Condition 2" and that Status of the Tasks have been resetted. 

My question on this:

Is there a query or a handler that checks, if the condition task has already been performed, so that after a reject it says "True" and goes to my Rework/Reject condtion or if its the first loop of my workflow that it says "false" and continues to "Task 1" ?

Thank you,

Bastian

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Workflow: Is there a query to ask if a task has already been performed?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I used the following solution to solve my Problem.

I created a Form before the first condition Task with EPM-create-Form and set a property in this Form when the Review is Rejected. After the Demote the condition Task uses a Query to check if the property exists in my created Form. If "True" the Workflow has been rejected at least once and the Workflow continues to the Condition (Rework/Reject).

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Why you don't use a review task?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A task can't have 2 inputs. You should define an or task before task1