cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Selection Modification

Pioneer
Pioneer

When selecting a Workflow a list of Workflows appears.  Of course the ones I want to use are near the end.  Many of these are out of the box, and we do not use.  What options do I have available to chage the order of these, or make some invisible?  (I do not want to delete)

Lindy

6 REPLIES

Re: Workflow Selection Modification

Genius
Genius

Login as dba

WorkflowDesigner-> Edit-> Template Filter

You can define the visibility/ordering of WFs here

Regards

Naveen

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Set the group preference as in example

TC_Item/ItemRevision(Name as in BMIDE)_release_procedure

Enter all the workflows which needed to certain groups. 

This should work.

Regards,

Srinidhi

Genius
Genius

Srinidhi, that interesting so I made a check in our preferences and we have alot of [OurItemRevison name]release_procedure but they are not assigned to any Location like Site,Group or User.

So do you know what is the difference between setting these preferences or using the Template Filter option?

Is the preferences I have a legacy from TC8.3 and is no more used in TC10.1.4 which we currently run?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Its one and the same. If you use template filter it will write the preference.

If you need only certain groups to use certain workflows you could define it as per requirement.

Use perl script to migrate the legacy preferences. we did it for 9.1 to 11.2. you need to see the utilities to migrate them.

Regards,

Srinidhi

Pioneer
Pioneer

What I saw was having to choose a group, then I could add specific workflows and manage their listing order.  I prefer not assigning to group.  Is changing the order not possible?  (Beyond modifying name to alter alphabetical sequencing) 
2015-09-24 08_44_19-Workflow Designer - Teamcenter 9.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is possible, while starting workflow dont use Assigned, instead all. It should show you all the available Workflows. If this option is not available. See command suppression if this action is hidden or not.