Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workflow Specific target copy paste

Hello all,

Who can i copy paste targets into the workflow while in process as Targets. As i tried to copy paste new targets i received a error 'The operation failed on one or more of the selected objects'.

How do i rectify it with any handler which allows me to add targets. I checked for 'disallow-adding-targets' in the beginning, this handler is not available in my workflow. is there any access control issue which i have to take care while 'in Job'.

Please help me

Regards,

Chini

6 REPLIES

Re: Workflow Specific target copy paste

Are you asking - how to add an target to a workflow if the object is already a target of another workflow? You need to turn on the preference EPM_multiple_process_targets (set it to ON).

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

I mean to ask, how to copy paste objects into the target folder of the workflow. Objects are already available: Objects may be ItemRevisions, Datasets

Regards,

Chini

Only following possibilities come to my mind - 

1. Either the EPM-disallow-adding-targets (or disallow-adding-targets depending on TC Version) is present under perform action of the root task, OR
  2. The object that you are trying to paste as target may be checked out by someone.

Check the syslog to see if it gives you any specific reason of failure.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Try checking ACL priveleges on TASK. You should have WRITE privileges to do so

WRITE privileges at this point is against organisation rules and process. Could it work with CHANGE access?

No. CHANGE will give permissions to modify object protections. There is no other go without giving WRITE access.