Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Workflow for a Role

Legend
Legend

Hi @KlausS 

thanks for your information!

To be honest I don´t like hot deployments at all! :-)

Regards,

Thomas

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter
... btw. don't know any customer yet, who doen't still use the legacy template-filter. Perhaps, if Siemens would provide a script to convert the legacy-filter preferences to replacing conditions, that situation would change ;-).

Well, for quickly getting some non-schema-changing settings into the db, it's quite ok (to be honest, i often run business_model_updater on cli for that kind of things). But, it never replaces a good, clean cold-deploy in a quiet time ... thanks to rocket-speed client-cache-generation, that can't be in the lunch-break :-(.

Legend
Legend

@KlausS 

... btw. don't know any customer yet, who doen't still use the legacy template-filter. Perhaps, if Siemens would provide a script to convert the legacy-filter preferences to replacing conditions, that situation would change ;-).

I agree! It would be nice if Siemens at least provides a document that shows the necessary steps that have to be done when changing that things. Just a simple example would help.

There is something in the BMIDE help, but that is not sufficient.

Regards,

Thomas

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
@TomK76, I don't like hot deployments either as they can lead to nonrecoverable situations.
@KlausS, We are using the new method for workflow filtering.

A solution has already been accepted for this topic. Do you have a specific question on the condition format beyond the tips already provided?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Legend
Legend

Hi @RandyEllsworth 

"A solution has already been accepted for this topic. Do you have a specific question on the condition format beyond the tips already provided?"

I asked GTAC if they can provide an example of how the process looks when changing things from the legacy template filter to the BMIDE conditions.

In my opinion that should be possible to provide such information. I am not yet that experienced admin and this would help.

Thanks Randy!

Regards,

Thomas

That's good news :-). For me getting this tools is more urgent than the propagation_rule_converter tool they have since TC 10 ...
Next on my whish-list would be a better workflow-designer in BMIDE :-) LOL, but i guess this wouldn't come quickly.

Ciao
Klaus