cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow or Change Management, maybe Customization?

Hello,

I am using Teamcenter 8.3. I have a situation where I have a part "A" in many assemblies. Some of these assemblies have status and some do not. I want to replace part "A" with part "B" in all the assemblies. I am looking for options/possibilities. Some of the tasks that I would like to do are:

• Find a way to be able to select several Revisions and mass revise them. Perhaps I could gather all my items in a folder and revise everything in the folder? Could I expand all my items, CTRL click the revisions and run a command? Has anyone done something like this with a workflow or Java or ITK? Do you think it can be done.
  • Find a way to mass replace Part "A" with Part "B" in the new BOMs. And save them. Through workflow, Java or ITK?

Are there better tools for this in latter versions of Teamcenter?

The one thing I would like to avoid, although I may not be able to, is to simply make Part "A" made from Part "B". If you have come across this and that is what you do please let me know.

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas.

Ron Michalowski

3 REPLIES

Re: Workflow or Change Management, maybe Customization?

Genius
Genius

Hello,

In our company we have special API for this ( but not only for this Smiley Happy). Anyway in TC 10.1 there are option called "Global updates" and it do exectly the same (and even more).

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Thank you Wollverine,

Can you tell me where the documentation is for the Global Updates, is it a function in My Teamcenter or Structure Manager or ...? 

Would you mind shareing more regarding your API. Did you develop it in house or external? I am curious to know how APIs are being used.

Sincerely,

Ron

Genius
Genius

Hello,

API wos made by SISW Poland and I cant shere whit it.

In a previous post i made mistake. This tool is not called "Global update" but "Mass update". In a help topic abaut this tool is named "Replace part instances in a single step".

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7