Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow signoff logs/reports without using audit

Builder
Builder

Hello experts,

I wish to check workflow signoff time, person and comments. I can sent it to workflow viewer and click on each task and see them. This is too manual. I can also use the report builder to run a audit of that job. But we turned tc_audit_manager preference off. 

However, our audit is turned off in Teamcenter from the start. Which means I can't run audit-workflow signoff summary report. 

Is there other thing OOTB that I can use to quick generate a workflow report that extract signoff time/person/comments? 

If there isn't, can I use report builder to create a report template? is it possible? Or there are other directions to achieve my goal?

Thanks for reply

5 REPLIES

Re: Workflow signoff logs/reports without using audit

Phenom
Phenom

Why not create a query that returns the EPM Signoff task and then setup the required columns in the details pane.  Select all your tasks and then you can export to excel/csv etc.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Phenom
Phenom

Details pane doesnt work by the looks of it.

I have tested the following and it works.

Create a query that returns EPMTask with object_type = EPMPerformSignoffTask

I also added a row that searceh on creation date with todays date to narrow search result:

query.JPG

Then create a Summary Report using the query as the source and select the OOTB stylesheet:

report.JPG

The output gives you comments and few other things, but doesnt give you everything you want. But its a starting point!

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
WF times/reporting is hard. Mercury Digital Services has a small program that creates fairly good WF reporting and isn't expensive. Without enabling Audit Manager and creating your own reports against it then this is probably your best option.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Builder
Builder
Rich, much appreciate the detailed info here that give me a starting point. But they were asking to see "how many times WF is rejected and its comments", "when", "why"...I told them audit is not turned on,we can just see the approved states, not able to see how many times it is rejected...Basically, they were asking for a log of workflow. The query and report will only give them what already on the tasks. Sad for me:(
But I will work out something from your point.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Please check the audit manager version (2 or 3) in 2 the Sign-Off report is available in 3 you can use the process history or the audit logs.

You can define the version by using preferences

Kind regards,

Menk Slot