Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

business modeler naming rule problem

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

I've afew questions about naming rules in BMIDE. Any tips or helps appreciated.

1. Is there any way to have naming rules depend on user's group which uses the rule. For examples, if user A used to create new item, use naming rule A and rule B for user B?

2. What's the correct way of using LOVs in naming rule. It seems that its impossible to use LOVs in naming rule patern with auto generation. So an improper mismatch error will be appear for users that doesnt type the correct patttern. Is this error cusomizable?

3. It seems that naming rule pattern is not an standard REGEX pattern. Could anyone please help me to understand the parameters of this REGEX. Ex: how to use just afew letters beside numbers in paterrn?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: business modeler naming rule problem

Genius
Genius
Sma

I am also Looking answers for the same issue, please let me know if you get any solution. I will do same

Re: business modeler naming rule problem

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

For the first question:

1. Is there any way to have naming rules depend on user's group which uses the rule. For examples, if user A used to create new item, use naming rule A and rule B for user B?

Did your try the approach of using conditions with naming rules?

E.g.

1. Define 2 naming rules           

EnggNR : Pattern: "ENG-"NNNN

MfgNR : Pattern:   "MFG-"NNNN

2. Define 2 conditions

IsEnggGrp: Expression: u.group_name="Engineering"

IsMfgGrp: Expression: u.group_name="Manufacturing"

3. Attach above naming rules to Item's item_id property using above custom conditions.

Item.item_id:isEnggGrp:EnggNR

Item.item_id:isMfgGrp:MfgNR

For more details, please check the similar example in TDOC section: Using conditions with naming rules