Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

csv2tcxml generates a wrong puid if part or vendor is generated through RichClient/RAC

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Experts,

I need help with regards to the issue that I encounter for csv2tcxml. When I execute the below command, It will generated a wrong puid if the part or vendor is generated using RichClient. But if the part/vendor is imported through tcxml_import when I execute the below command it will generate a correct puid? I appreciate any help with my query.

tcperl D:\massImport\Utilities\csv2tcxml_for_smu\csv2tcxml\csv2tcxml.perl  fileInput.csv item=exist

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4

Re: csv2tcxml generates a wrong puid if part or vendor is generated through RichClient/RAC

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

That is the correct behavior. CSV2TCXML uses a different formula to create the PUID vs the RAC. You need to look up the PUID's and create a PUID lookup file to use for the existing items. What are you trying to do to the existing items via CSV2TCXML?

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/CSV2TCXML-Bulk-Loade...

Regards,

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Re: csv2tcxml generates a wrong puid if part or vendor is generated through RichClient/RAC

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the quick reply. We're migrating an AVL and from the data source where we pull the data to be migrated in TeamCenter, we only get vendor name. Now what we did is do a query in Tc data using the vendorName and generate an input file for vendorParts using the vendorId in reference to the query that we execute using the vendorName and set the vendorId in $TD4MfgPart:vm0vendor_ref as {valueof_vendorId}!Vendor. Does TC has a utility to manage the setting of the correct puid if vendor/part was generated through RAC?

Cheers

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

What version of TC? What version of CSV2TCXML perl are you using?

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi Jamie,

I really appreciate your feedback. Anyways, this was resolved. I decided to just create a utility where it will look for the particular vendorPart and replace vendor_reference to the correct puid.

Cheers,