Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

error when opening NX file

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

One of my users gets the following error when attempting to open an NX part:

The following files could not be loaded, causing this open to fail:

{part ID} - Attempt to access a TCIN object whose underlying Teamcenter object has been deleted.

It appears to be affecting his computer only. I can open the file without error and if he logs into my machine it opens with no problem. I deleted his RAC cache and tried again, but the error still shows up on his machine.

NX 9.0.3.4

TC 10.1.5

What to check next?

11 REPLIES

Re: error when opening NX file

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Just few things that you can try to further zero-in on the issue

1) Try logging to the user machine (OS login) with another OS login and try opening the NX part. If this works, then probably its a profile issue to zero-in
2) Can you try deleting V9* or V10* folder that gets created in the TC_TMP_DIR and try once.
3) Hope the user has just 1 Teamcenter installation on his machine. Asking this to make sure that the fMS_HOME is pointing to correct environment.

Legend
Legend

Try to delete FCCCache, not only RAC cache. RAC cache not contains any file data.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thanks @alex_c, I'll try that. I assume the user needs to save their files, close them, and log out of NX and TC. Anything else we should do before deleting the FCCCache? Any side effects that we should be aware of?

Legend
Legend

We made special bat-file for clear cache. First it's kill TC processes and then clear file client cache dir.

RAC cache contains teamcenter user interface/workarea settings, history, last used perspectives etc.

If you clean RACcache you have to take in mind that this user settings will be reseted

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Clearing the FCCCache didn't fix the issue. To clarify my original post, the error only occurs on a certain part that he tries to open. Other parts open OK.

@SRaj,

The user only has a single TC install on the machine. I've been looking for the TC_TMP_DIR, but cannot find a folder or environment variable with that name. Neither the temp folder in the user profile or the TC install dir has any V9* or V10* subfolders. I will try logging in as a different OS user today.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
TC_TMP_DIR is set in TC_DATA\tc_profilevars.bat (default %TEMP%). The shared memory folder (V9*/V10*) will exist on the server and not the client (unless running a 2tier rich client which also acts like a server). You may need to reinstall his Teamcenter, NX or both.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thanks @RandyEllsworth. I was poking around on his machine since the issue seems to be isolated to it (others can open the file just fine). I'll look around the server and see what I can find.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I tried logging into windows on his machine, but my teamcenter program group was empty. He logged into the OS as himself and then I logged into TC with my username/pass and I could open the file on his machine with no problem. With his TC login it errors.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Then the fault his within his profile. Delete his RAC and FCCCache as stated earlier.
Default locations:
C:\Users\<his>\FCCCache
C:\Users\<his>\Teamcenter
Note: Ensure that java.exe (FCC) is not running before deleting the FCCCache or it will fail.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2