Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error when opening NX file

Legend
Legend

Lokk at Teamcenter security settings for that users and this problem part.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Killing the java process, then deleting the FCCCache and RAC did the trick.

Thanks everyone!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am getting a similar message "NX attempt to access a TCIN object whose underlying Teamcenter object has been deleted". I shut down Java, deleted the RAC and FCCCache, restarted TC and opened the file and still received the same error.

Any thought to a model being deleted that a component was created from that resides in the current assembly causing the issue   or    a reference to a deleted object or item that was deleted (like change ownership, etc)?

Additional information/update.  In TC a user created "save as" parts with -001 at the end and then the base with no dash was deleted.  The part that the error is referenceing is a part that was deleted and the current part is created from (an assembly and specification) 

Should I be concerned or just say o.k. after the error and not spend time trying to figure it out?

Thank you for any assistance.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You can try running Part Cleanup on the assy. That should resolve the problem.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid1128416:index_working_with_fi...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

A user at my company is having a similar problem. He cannot open the file at his location and others at his location cannot open it either. I can open file fine at my location.

• He cannot open the file when I give him access to my computer thru Skype share and he logs into TC on my machine with his username.
  • I am able to open it on his computer thru a skype share using my username.
  • Both locations point to the same TC Database.

Examination of named references on my computer:

Named References-My TC.png

Named Reference on his:

NamedReferences-His TC.png

Where there is nothing in the "Reference" column.

Have done the following:

1. Deleted FCCache, RAC, %TEMP% files
  2. Fresh install of NX/TC
  3. Ran part cleanup on the file using DBA w/Bypass at my location (hence the recent Last Modified Date)
  4. Checked Access and his the same for his user as it is for mine
  5. Tried to open the part from TC (gives C:\PROGRA~2\Siemens\Teamcenter8\portal\temp\1539283544907-NX_Nav_.plmxml - Part is not currently loaded message)
  6. Tried to open the part from NX (gives "The following files could not be loaded causing this open to fail: *Part Number*-Internal Error

Checked his log files and both throw the following errors:

*** EXCEPTION: INTERNAL ERROR in line 155 of .\ug.cpp at Thu Oct 11 14:28:10 2018 

>>>> INTERNAL ERROR caught in file "o:\ugnx754\ip4\src\part\no\ind\part_load_utils.c" at line number 972
>>>> INTERNAL ERROR caught in file "D:\workdir\reference\NX754_4\src\part\no\ind\part_load.c" at line number 8500
>>>> INTERNAL ERROR caught in file "D:\workdir\reference\NX754_4\src\part\no\ind\part_load.c" at line number 10084

Display driver is from 2015 and not most current but I cannot install the latest driver but doubt that's the issue since I can open it from TC when logged into TC on his workstation plus I am not able to install the latest on his computer due to company access.

I am stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Strange that you can open it on his computer and it loads from the same cache PROTAL_ROOT\temp\*.plmxml.

You can try deleting Tc user preferences for those that can't open it. Also have them delete their NX dialog memory. I assume there isn't any special NX startup happening (like NX Custom). Further, this could be a transient volume issue so validate it is correct.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

Turns out it was a UGPART-ATTR file that was pointing to the part in question and another part. Created a new ATTR file and it resolved the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions Randy.