cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export whole project data to customer Teamcenter

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi guys,

Currently, our customer demands us to export the whole project data to their Teamcenter. Originally, we design parts and release them CAD files only. Now, they require the history, which are all revisions and baselines, properties and relations. Basically, they want to have exact same thing shown in our Teamcenter. 

Every Teamcenter is different, no doubt, and we are not going to deploy our BMIDE on their Teamcenter. We use Project management. Basically, we want copy the project data folder under that project and paste it under their project..... Is it possible.....

I have also look into multi-site collaboration, does it work if we use different Teamcenter? I am assuming there will be property mapping problem about customized properties on our customized items. 

PLMXML, it uses revision rules, is it able to export everything with customized transfer mode? TCXML?

Briefcase browser? We donot use NX..

Maybe my problem is more general, how to data sharing between OEM and Supplier with different Teamcenter. 

Really appreciate any replies!

3 REPLIES

Re: export whole project data to customer Teamcenter

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Briefcase Browser also supports Catia now although I don't see it mentioned in their flyer. Perhaps a different level of Supplier Collaboration will suit your needs. Here's the list:
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/teamcenter/supplier-integration/index.shtml#lightv...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello, Randy,

I just had an idea. But I don't know what is the consequence?

Do you by any chance know what will happen if a customized template is removed from TEM. I am think copy the database to another workstation, have infodba login there, open TEM, and remove our template. Revert customized teamcenter to an OOTB teamcenter. Deliver the workstation to the customer. I am assuming the properties on different item type, statues, will be lost? The revision/baseline history and its CAD will stay?

Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
In order to remove the template you'll need to remove anything created that references the template. Which is likely almost everything of value. Frankly, I don't think what you're discussing is possible.
You would do better trying to figure out the PLMXML method instead. However, you'll need to drop the "projects" part. Even baselines may be too hard to try.
How about giving them a login to your Teamcenter instead? They can "view" but not edit anything.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2