Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

exporting Key LOVs

Hi all,

to get straight to the point - is there any way to export whole Key LOVs list? I only know how to export one entry, but I need all of them, so I can import them in another Teamcenter version for testing.

Thanks in advance.

-ValeV

2 REPLIES

Re: exporting Key LOVs

Hi,
It looks like there is no easy way to export and import the LOVs. There are already some Enhancement Requests on this topic. You can build a query to get the values of a LOV. On deployment of the data model the LOV values are written to one of the many xml-files. From there they can be extracted, too.
xtof

Re: exporting Key LOVs

Do you mean Classification KeyLOVs?

In that case you can use the smlutility to export all KeyLOVs into one file.

With "smlutility -export" you can export. Please find the usage below...

Later you can import with "smlutility -import".

HTH

Markus

The file exported in SML Format contains all Classification Data Hierarchy, Attributes, KeyLOV as well as classification objects(ICOs).
USAGE:
 smlutility -export -u=<user-id> {-p=<password> | -pf=<password-file>} -g=<group> -file=<file> ...
                    [-select:<object selection>]
                    [-objects:<object details>]
    object selection = dictionary | keylov | class=<cid[ ... | ::sid ]> | hierarchy | all
    object details   = dictionary | keylov | class | data | all
    Examples:
    1. Export all data of the given class only -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test010203 -objects=data
    2. Export all data of the given class and all it's children -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test01... -objects=data
    3. Export data of all classes with classid matching with given pattern -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test01* -objects=data
    4. Export all data of the given view of class -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test01::view01 -objects=data