cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting Key LOVs

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

to get straight to the point - is there any way to export whole Key LOVs list? I only know how to export one entry, but I need all of them, so I can import them in another Teamcenter version for testing.

Thanks in advance.

-ValeV

2 REPLIES

Re: exporting Key LOVs

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi,
It looks like there is no easy way to export and import the LOVs. There are already some Enhancement Requests on this topic. You can build a query to get the values of a LOV. On deployment of the data model the LOV values are written to one of the many xml-files. From there they can be extracted, too.
xtof

Re: exporting Key LOVs

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Do you mean Classification KeyLOVs?

In that case you can use the smlutility to export all KeyLOVs into one file.

With "smlutility -export" you can export. Please find the usage below...

Later you can import with "smlutility -import".

HTH

Markus

The file exported in SML Format contains all Classification Data Hierarchy, Attributes, KeyLOV as well as classification objects(ICOs).
USAGE:
 smlutility -export -u=<user-id> {-p=<password> | -pf=<password-file>} -g=<group> -file=<file> ...
                    [-select:<object selection>]
                    [-objects:<object details>]
    object selection = dictionary | keylov | class=<cid[ ... | ::sid ]> | hierarchy | all
    object details   = dictionary | keylov | class | data | all
    Examples:
    1. Export all data of the given class only -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test010203 -objects=data
    2. Export all data of the given class and all it's children -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test01... -objects=data
    3. Export data of all classes with classid matching with given pattern -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test01* -objects=data
    4. Export all data of the given view of class -
    smlutility -export user-id password group file -select:class=Test01::view01 -objects=data