cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handler to wait in a Workflow

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

hi,

I have an issue with a workflow. here is the description.

The workflow should generate and validate a PDF. So, the following tasks are performed. A Translate task is initiate.  At the end of the task, a PDF is created. After, an add status task is used to set up a status (and turn it to validate for instance). 

But here is the problem, by the time the PDF is created, the workflow is continuing his process so i think when we are getting inside the add status task, the PDF is not generated yet . So, is there a way to solve this problem? may be by waiting at the end of the translate task? is there a Handler used for this purpose? Or any other solution?

Thank you

Regards.

3 REPLIES

Re: handler to wait in a Workflow

Legend
Legend

Two options for you:

1. Add a "Do" task in between, where user can check existence of the file and decide whether to continue or not.
  2. Create your own rule handler to check for the file. Rule handler will return no-go if file does not exist, and return go if it does.
---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

thank you for your quick answer,

We though about the first option, but one of the requirement is that we don't want this task to be perfomed manually.

Regarding the second option, are you talking about a specific development? In that case we don't know how to do it.

By the way, do you think a condition task "PDF created by Dcproxy" (yes or no) with a loop between the no way and the condition task can be used as a timer?

Regards.

Legend
Legend

Second option is specific ITK/customization development.

You don't want to introduce an automatic loop (i.e. loop without user interaction in between) in the workflow, your workflow will enter into recursive loop and may crash if it runs of system resources.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade