Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to define end item in teamcenter

Hello experts,

are there ways in teamcenter that you can create an end item on the occurence or part in assembly to the occurence? 

Currently, we have a column or say an attribute doing that as shown in fig.

I do know revision effectivity and occurence effectivity allow you to do that. But I realize they have to be used with unit or date, we do not use that...We just want to define end item on PIA. Or there are other ways,says in Vis. I guess my main point is how to manage end item in teamcenter111.png

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES

Re: how to define end item in teamcenter

Hey Will,

You can manage End Items by creating Programs.

You see the whole point of a PLM system depends on the management of Product right from Idea to Disposal. Like every product you chose to work on you can create Program IDs. Like an Eletronics Manufacturer needs to catagorise the products based on their funtions. So they will create a a single program for a certain range of Products Let's say a Range of LED TV with Wi-Fi. So here with this programs we can attach varients 42", 50", 60" etc etc, and thats how we manage END ITEMS in Teamcenter.

Re: how to define end item in teamcenter

Hi, thanks for the answer first.I think we are dealing with complex assemblies. A Fastener or a part usually defined different end items. We will have thousands project or programs in your case...