Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ips_data_upload utility - available to add users to a Project?

So, other than manually, there is no way to add users to a Project.  The 11.2 Project Security Workflow will help but is not what we are looking for.  GTAC says to use the ips_data_upload utility.  Does the utility truly have that capability?

From GTAC:

The make_user and update_project utility cannot add users to an existing

project.  The create_project utiltiy can be used to assign users during creating of a

project, but it cannot be used update an existing project.

New to Teamcenter 11.2 there is a way to add users to an existing project thru

a Project Security Workflow.  While this is not a command line utility, it

does offer an OOTB alternative. 

The ips_data_upload utility does have the capability to add users to an

existing project.

7 REPLIES

Re: ips_data_upload utility - available to add users to a Project?

@jamie Griffis can answer more completely but the short answer is yes ips_data_upload can.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Randy, thanks for the answer.  That's great to know.  Next question, how do I get ips_data_upload now a'days?

You have to go through your sales rep. Smiley Sad

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

The documentation is incorrect. IPS Uploader will NOT add users to an existing Project. TCXML and IPS Uploader both fail here. They can create the project with "some" of the project roles/users but only the first time. If you make a mistake or forget to add someone, then you are out of luck. If you need it to be updated, it just doesn't work. Adding users to a Project is only available via the RAC unless you create an ITK utility (which we did at my last company). We were on 11.2.2 and nothing OOTB worked. I sumbitted tickets to Gtac on this issue. Note: Gtac does not support any tickets on IPS Uploader. IPS Uploader is a Siemens services tool which is being fazed out because of TCXML.

Jamie Griffis

Senior Solutions Analyst, Mercury Marine PLM

Thanks for the info Jamie!

Jamie,

Can you point me in the direction to get some sample code to create an ITK utility to add Users to Projects?

Thanks,

Craig

Hello,

I am writting some ITK code to add users to existing projects. If I have a user who has 2 different Roles in a Group (for e.g Development/Developer/Alice & Development/Tester/Alice) and that I want to add the user Alice to a project with a specific role, which ITK function should I use to specifiy the Group and Role information?

Thank you for your help,

Jasvir