Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item relation

Genius
Genius

Hi;

I need to create a separate DOC item type and connect it to the related PART item type, my purpose here is to control the document revisioning independently from Part revisioning rule.

How can I do this? any better idea for this requirement?

Thanks.

BR.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: item relation

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
It sounds like you want to make sure the requirements in the Document are related to the actual Part? In other words, Requirements Management and Trace links. No need to reinvent the wheel if you can open your pocket book.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius

@RandyEllsworth

Thanks so much.

I'm not sure if I could tell clearly what I want. A text file can be attached to a part item but then I should create item revision to edit the text file when the part is released.. therefore to make them independant I thought I can create a DOC item and and a Part item and connect the two to make their revisioning independent.

Can you please explain more what the best way is for this ?

BR.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Hi,
You need to have two Item types, for example: IPart and IDoc, also you need to have relation: RDocToPart.
You will can ability for configuring behavior of these Item and Relation and so on so on.
Your idea is good, at least among Russians companies different items type for assy, part and drawing is popular, because in real life very often occurred tasks for edit notes in drawing or editing grammar mistake
All the best, Alexey.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I guess some ground setting is important...

Here is Document Management
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help#uid:xid1417275:index_plm00053:xid1405781

Requirements related to NX (Design and Validation)
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help#uid:xid1256822:index_plm00038:id206216:xid...

Trace links appear to be what you're after.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius