cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost on patching 11.2 to 11.2.3

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

I am patching my OOTB 11.2 to 11.2.3. I unzip my installer.zip to my %TC_ROOT%/install. Had a new tem.bat. unzip my Tc11.2.3_patch_1_wntx64.zip to that location as well. Start tem, go to update manager, set my update kit location to wntx64 folder, that is also at tc_root/install folder. Then it won't proceed to next, it stucks on asking my to select features  for my guid. Where are they?

I had only installed coperate server, 2-tier and bmide. Thanks in advance!  Untitled.png

5 REPLIES

Re: lost on patching 11.2 to 11.2.3

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You had the first part right but the second ... ouch. Backup TC_ROOT and TC_DATA before patching.

Unzip and copy the Tc11.2.3_install.zip to TC_ROOT\install overwriting the contents to patch TEM. Launch TEM, Update, Point to unzipped Tc11.2.3_wntx64.zip wntx64 folder, Next, to patch TC_ROOT. Then unzip Tc11.2.3_wntx64.zip tc\data.zip to TC_DATA and overwrite contents to patch TC_DATA.

Tip: remember to patch any remote FSC's before patching the application server w/FMS Master.

See post by @BobDonovan if you have multiple server managers: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Blog/Speed-Up-Software-Updates-for-Shorte...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

From 10.1 onwards you can start TEM from the MP or patch level media, provide the base media path when prompted, and it will apply the updates as it installs without having to perform them as separate operations afterwards.  

Upgrade/update/patch processes for each version are usually documented very well in the online documentation and also in the deployment guide.      

Does the problem still exist if you follow the instructions provided in the documentation for the target version?

If you have followed the instructions in the documentation and it doesn't work, have you tried calling GTAC?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the info. I did follow the guide step by step...Somehow, I used patched tem.bat to start, it asks me to select features, and won't proceed. Finally, I used the tem in MP, it worked

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks Randy. My first part is right, I just don't know why it won't proceed, what features shall I select. Then I used the tem in the wntx64.zip, it works. I have no idea why patched tem not working, I got missed something...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Patched TEM works. You should not have copied the wntx64 contents, "unzip my Tc11.2.3_patch_1_wntx64.zip to that location as well". Copying the wntx64 stuff TEM takes care of - not you. In other words, let TEM patch TC_ROOT.

Don't forget to patch TC_DATA. That's on you - not TEM.

In summary,
You patch TEM
Run TEM to patch TC_ROOT
You patch TC_DATA

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2