Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

naming rule according to item property value

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have problem with naming rule. I try to cerate a rule according to condition.

I create an item it is "Sample Document"

Sample Document has a property, it is "Document Type".

An LOV with two values of "Technical Report" and "Information Report" is assigned to Document Type.

I create two naming rules.

"TR-"NNN for Technical Report and "IR-"NNN for Information Report.

what i want to do is that:

when i choose Technical Report for Document Type, "TR-"NNN should be assigned and when i choose Information Report for Document Type, "IR-"NNN should be assigned.

(i create a condition for this but while defining the naming rule, i can't see this conditon among the condiitons.)

Do you have any idea for solution?

Thanks in advance

Emre
TUSAS Engine Industries, Inc.
5 REPLIES

Re: naming rule according to item property value

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I think it's not possible with configuration. You have to write an extension to handle it. Based on LOV selected, item id will be generated. You have to disable automatic ID number generated and the extension that you developed will generate item id based on LOV.

Br,

Rupesh

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

Maybe with Inteligent Part Numbering no ?

I used in Teamcenter Express "Smart Code" I think now its IPN (Inteligent Part Numbering).

Regards,

Creator
Creator

Hello Benjamin,

There isn't Assign button for Inteligent Part Numbering, i should select the prefix from the combo box and Inteligent Part Numbering has counter problem. for example; if I create a Technical Report and then a Information Report the ID's will be TR-001 and IR-002 (It shoud be IR-002).

Emre

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
For the ID Generator you need to create a condition for each Prefix + Counter concatenation rule to have a different counter. I did this and I know that works.

For a normal naming rule, I believe conditions are restricted to groups/users for naming rules. You might be able to add group="*" and your property. I haven't tried it myself but it would be where I'd start before going to ID Generator.

Jamie

Creator
Creator

Hi Jamie,

For a normal naming rule, could you please give an example for the condition?

Condition with input parameter of "Business Object" doesn't allowed while defining a namig rule.

Emre