Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to change default relation for secondary object on Document Revision

Legend
Legend

Hello Team,

As per the subject line, I have changed the default paste relation for document revision as Specifications.

datasets.PNG

But still, when I create the new dataset or paste copied dataset on document revision it follows the "attaches" relation.

datasets2.PNG

Are there any other settings to needs to follow apart from this?

4 REPLIES

Re: not able to change default relation for secondary object on Document Revision

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello Ganesh,

The default paste relation ( in your case IMAN_specification) is enforced for objects (derived from Item hierarchy) pasted under document revision.

Teamcenter treats dataset as intrinsic part of Document object in terms of  lifecycle management, ownership, check-in/ check-out, viewing etc. This is achieved through TC_attaches relation

This is what I've observed working with Document Rev objects, but is certainly confusing when the TC preference name is looked at: DocumentRevision_Dataset_default_relation = IMAN_specification

Harish

Re: not able to change default relation for secondary object on Document Revision

Legend
Legend

Thanks for your reply,

it's working when we set the below preferences but in the earlier case when I set through preference UI, It was not working.

DocumentRevision_Dataset_default_relation = IMAN_specification

Solution Partner Phenom

Missed including a comment:

The Edit - Options screen for default paste relation is stored in the preference: DocumentRevision_default_relation.

For modifying the default paste relation for datasets, the preference would be: DocumentRevision_Dataset_default_relation.

Harish

Solution Partner Phenom
@Ganesh-IZ, Document and DocumentRevision are Item and ItemRevision object types while the relation you want to modify are for Datasets which are different objects altogether. That's why changing the UI preference had no effect when pasting the MSWordX dataset as @HarishVenkat was explaining.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2