Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patch Update

Genius
Genius

Hello;

last day  I updated the TC Server from 11.4.0.3 to 11.4.0.6 for test . I was the first time I did an upgrade.

After Update was done I got a message "TC_DATA was not completely updated as a part of this proccess.

Only the SOA definitions were updated leaving the remainder of this step to be completed manually. Please consult the appropriate Teamcenter Server installation guide to obtain information regarding TC_DATA directories."

anyone can explain the procedure to complete this update?

BR.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: patch Update

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

Patching (not upgrading):

1. Use TcNN.N_install.zip: Uncompress and copy contents overtop TC_ROOT\install to patch TEM.
  2. Run TEM, use TcNN.N_wnt64.zip uncompressed to patch Teamcenter.
  3. Use TcNN.N_wnt64\wntx64\tc\data.zip uncompress and copy contents overtop TC_DATA to patch TC_DATA.

Note A: Use the appropriate software for your operating system.

Note B: Ensure backups are complete before overwriting software.

Note C: You may have more than one TC_ROOT that needs patching - distributed server environments.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius

Thanks Randy. (patching):smileywink:

BTW what do you mean by this:

Note A: Use the appropriate software for your operating system.????

BR.

Not everyone is using wnt64 as some may be using lnx64 or macos.

Genius
Genius

aha, thanks so much.:smileyhappy:

Legend
Legend

Hi !

I've recently done the same operation on our development environment (we've upgraded from Teamcenter 11.4 to Teamcenter 11.4.0.6).

I've been a bit surprised reading this topic and I've got two questions :

* Is this written somewhere that one should unzip these tc_data and copy them in the teamcenter installation as a post-upgrade task ? I've read the documentation concerning patching and the readme of the patch and I couldn't find this anywhere.

* I've upgraded with the help of the deployment center. After reading this topic, I went to check logs and couldn't find information message "not completely updated". Can I conclude that everything's correctly updated thanks to DC ?

Thank you for your help !

Best regards,

Frédéric.

Read step 10:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help/#uid:v4_patchserver

I would not trust DC to upgrade my TC environment yet. It doesn't support all Tc features. It's great for deploying AW though.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

What version of DC did you use to install 11.4 and patch to 11.4.0.6? Did you install any features with TEM after the original DC installation?

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Legend
Legend

Thank you both for your answers and thanks for the link Randy !

To give more details, we're indeed going to deploy AW. As we saw it was a good tool to deploy AW we thought it could be a good idea to use it to patch our Teamcenter installation. If it's not working, as it is our dev environment we can do a rollback and it's not a big deal. We do need it but we can loose a bit of time.

I read the documentation and I think it's supporting all the feature we have that are installed.

I used last version (Deployment Center 2.1.1). I did not installed any new feature since it has been upgraded (except things last Management Console which was not correctly upgraded ; service was not working anymore).

Frédéric.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@FLehn - did you read the DC2.1.1 release notes about "patching of a secondary server fails due to TC_DATA being unzipped to the wrong location"? Is your dev environment a single box or distrubuted? Not sure if that applies to your environment. 

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA