Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

problem with NX templates import

Hello, everyone!

I`m quit new guy in Teamcenter comunity so now I need to integrate NX 11.0.1 with teamcenter 11.2.3.1.

I`ve installed NX foundation and NX Client Integration, NX client at my corporate server and want to make it work)

as I found in manual I need also import NX templates to my DB. For that reason I launched  "%UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates\sample\tcin_template_setup.bat" -u=infodba -p=infodba from my db-name_config_idCommand Prompt.

It looks like done succsesfully but after that in My Teamcenter folder NX Templates is empty and I`m still can`t use NX from Teamcenter.

Please explain me what am I doing wrong?13-07-2017 15-33-46.png

13-07-2017 18-38-19.png

5 REPLIES

Re: problem with NX templates import

Try changing to the directory before running the command.
cd /d "%UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates\sample"
tcin_template_setup.bat -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

thanks for respond but unfortunately nothing changed(

maybe I need to do something with .pax files or something else?

I even do not see syslog of this import action

Please review the tcin_template_setup.bat script and/or the NX documentation. You need to move the nxdm*.pax to the samples folder where you are running the script. Basically, the script is looking at the current directory for nxdm pax files and not finding any so its reporting successful even though nothing is imported. See this section in the script...
# <ingle> 04-Jul-2012 PR#6697329
# Before attempting to move the already existing nxdm*.pax files from the directory %UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates to %UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates\sample,
# ensure that there are no previous nxdm*.pax files in the 'sample' folder otherwise the move won't go through and the pax files will have to be moved
# to some sub-folder in the working directory

# Move the old nxdm*.pax files from templates to sample. This will overwrite any pax files in the sample folder which have
# the same name and Move the new nxdm*.pax files from the working dir to templates

unfortunately it didn't help. I've imported templates manually via NX (see attachment)

Be careful using this method since "NXTemplates" doesn't contain the NX version number. If I were you, I would call GTAC to get the TCIN script working and abandon the manual steps described in the attachment. It's too easy to break the functionality that is taken care of by using the script.