Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program that add\modify attributes of persons

Experimenter
Experimenter

hello,

is it possible to add or modify person's attributes (for example e-mail address (PA9) and phone number (PA10))?

the idea is not doing it "manually"  but rather use a program (i need to modify the data of ~80 persons).

make_user utility can't be used here, as mentioned in "Teamcenter Utilities Reference":

"The make_user utility does not assign person attributes, such as address and phone number"

thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: program that add\modify attributes of persons

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Which version of Teamcenter are you using?

I can use make_user to update person attributes in 10.1.x even though the documentation mentions this restriction.

The restriction is no longer in the documentation at 11.

Experimenter
Experimenter

hi jonathan, thanks for the quick reply.

we use version 10.1.6

the batch i ran was:

set TC_ROOT=%root_path%

set TC_DATA=%root_path%\tcdata

call %TC_DATA%\tc_profilevars.bat

%TC_ROOT%\make_user.exe -u=dbaname -p=dbapassword -g=dba -update -person="person" -PA9="person@.." 

maybe the syntax is wrong?

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I guess you mean

%TC_ROOT%\bin\make_user.exe -u=dbaname -p=dbapassword -g=dba -update -person="person" -PA9="person@.." 

I've used pretty much this exact command line on 10.1.3, and 10.1.6.

The person record did get updated with the specified attributes.

I did notice that RAC seems to cache the Person record very aggressively, and I ended up logging out and back in again before I saw the update in the Organization.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Another point for @Cmariama is that TC_DATA likely isn't in %root_path%\tcdata. TC_ROOT does contain a data directory but its not the one used to connect to the database. After sourcing your environment (set TC_ROOT, TC_DATA and call %TC_DATA%\tc_profilevars.bat) then as a check, run:
install -ayt
If you've sourced correctly then you should see "Site is already installed". If you see anything else then its likely that the TC_DATA location is wrong or that the DB isn't running since it can't establish a DB connection. If it works then you're free to run your other utilities.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

thank you both, the problem is solved.

i had to restart the session in order to see the changes but it worked.

Randy - i was not aware of that useful check. i will make a habit of using it constantly.