cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The string, parameter, cannot be found"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all!

First post, I'm endeavouring to follow the guides in the pinned post but apologies in advance if I miss the mark!

I've been asked to investigate an error pop-up that appears four times whenever a user views certain item types in the thin client:

"The string, parameter, cannot be found, please consult your Teamcenter System Administrator"

My first assumption was that there was an error in the stylesheet, but the data shows correctly in the rich client so I'm assuming that rules that out. I couldn't find any variation on this error message on Google or GTAC, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction!

Kind regards,

Tom Fenton

3 REPLIES

Re: "The string, parameter, cannot be found"

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Tom,

It would be helpful to know a little more about your issue.

• What Teamcenter version are you running?
  • What Java version is installed on the server running server (pool) manager?
  • What object is selected that causes the pop-ups (a picture would help)?
  • What does the pop-up window contain (a picture would help)?

Knowing the above can give us some context. If you want to take it even further, you can attach a tcserverXXXXX.syslog for when this error was encountered.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

Have you tried contacting GTAC?

The Global Technical Access Center (GTAC) is your first call for technical support ... Or, if you have a maintenance agreement with a Siemens partner / reseller, your first call for support should be to them.

I hope that helps ...

Margaret

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

From my understanding your fist assumption was wright and this error message is related to problems with the stylesheet. I would recommend to run xml checker on the stylesheet or replace the actual one with an OOTB stylesheet to check if the error still occurrs.