Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: remote cache server shows its not caching - how do I verify

Pioneer
Pioneer

FSC_INMHPUN_PLM01_svc_PLMAdmin is FSC ID for Asia cache server. Its in India. The client IP is 10.72.nn.nn which is in client map for India Cache server.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
The india FSC is set up for store and forward. Do you see your text file in D:\Ind_Fsc_Vol?

If you modified the FMS Master then the text file won't be cached until it "exits" the India group. Meaning that the text file written to Ind_Fsc_Vol won't be cached until you move it back to the corp volume. Have you ran the move_volume_file utility or are you still using Dispatcher for that?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, I see the file uploaded to local volume.

The fmsmaster is not updated yet, its added in fcc.xml for now. I haven't run the move_volume_file utility.

Ohh Ok so if that is how it works then I think I will have to add this fcc direct routing setting in fmsmaster and then run move_volume_file volume utility to get the files cached. I was in the impression that any file uploaded/saved/loaded in Teamcenter always gets cached.

And without adding the exitfsc and linkparameters the move_volume_files util will likely move it directly to the corp volume without "side" caching it in the India FSC.

I'm glad to hear that you are running move_volume_files instead of Dispatcher for S&F volumes. I assume you've already run the one-time command for converting to batch SAF?
move_volume_files -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -migrate_to_batch_saf

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ohh then I will have to add to fmsmaster (exitfsc & linkparameters) in prod after getting through some internal approvals.

Yes, its store-and-forward has been moved to dispatcher. However, move_volume_files is being used instead of dispatcher.

And Yes - batch_saf had been ran once at that time.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Randy,

Not sure if I open a new thread or use this one.

So, I have implemented the configuration changes for exitfsc and linkparameters tags. Pretty much all the changes you suggested.

However, before implementation of these last updates and after the implementation, the last update date on fms.hsh, .mf & fms.seg files are not being updated in the read folder of FSCCache folder despite of client from that clientmap loads/reads/download the file. It seems like the read cache isn't working.

I can run move_volume utility to see if the new file uploaded/write cache works but can wanted to run this read cache behavior with you if it needs further tweaking.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Just thought I'd add the tidbit that the date/time stamp on those files do not change. They remain the same as wehn they were orginally created. That doesn't mean that they're not working. To know that, you need to use the fscadmin command to query the FSC cache.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Pioneer
Pioneer

I checked it before and after the below steps.

1. Opened an assembly from Germany Client
  2. Cleared FCC
  3. Opened same file

Results:

It took same time as first step. FSC cache summary still does not show any hit.

There were a lot of changes to your FMS Master. Can you attach a new copy?

Also, segment caches (fms.hsh/mf/seg) need to be tuned for production use (ootb are good for Dev only). Use the spreadsheet and instructions in FSC_HOME\bin\FMSCacheSizingTool_Ver_1_3.zip to compute the magic five params then replace the read/write sections in your FSC*.xml.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Here is the one.

As per Larry;s post, if it doesn't update the time stamp on these files after read/write operations then I will run another use case properly tomorrow with EU Client since the fscadmin is 0 for pretty much everything for that region.

However, on India cache server - I do see some activities.. however number of files doesn't make sense - there were many files loaded during the day not only 3! And there are many misses...

Cache summary: FSC_INMHPUN_PLM01_svc_PLMAdmin-FSCReadMap
 Files: 3, Bytes: 9879552, Hits: 0, Misses: 358
cachesummary/read done.