Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: remote cache server shows its not caching - how do I verify

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
I have both. Some folks connect wireless and others not. Also, VPN will have its own IP as well. Definitely complicates the clientmap having all these different conditions.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have added entryfsc but restarting fms master service returns an error.

<fscgroup id="FSC_Cache_Sweden">
      <fsc id="FSC_GOTAP014_tceuser" address="http://GOTAP014.iacgroup.com:4544" ismaster="false">
        <volume id="0f8d57e50e5d8870f809" enterpriseid="-2005862391" root="E:\Swe_Fsc_Vol" priority="0" />
      </fsc>
      <clientmap subnet="10.179.10.0" mask="255.255.252.0">
        <assignedfsc fscid="FSC_GOTAP014_tceuser" priority="0" transport="lan" />
      </clientmap>
      <entryfsc fscid="FSC_GOTAP014_tceuser" priority="0" / >
      <exitfsc fscid="FSC_GOTAP014_tceuser" populatetargetids="default,all" priority="0" />
    </fscgroup>

I tried moving entryfsc before clientmap tag but still the same error. Commenting entryfsc tag works fine!

INFO  - 2018/06/12-00:50:41,215 UTC - IAC-PDMPW01 - user.dir: Z:\tc101\fsc
FATAL - 2018/06/12-00:50:41,535 UTC - IAC-PDMPW01 - Error during initialization. com.teamcenter.fms.servercache.FMSServerCache
com.teamcenter.fms.config.ConfigurationParseException: Could not parse a configuration file at 'fmsmaster_FSC_IAC_PDMPW01_svc_PLMAdmin.xml'.  Error on line 36: The content of element type "fscgroup" must match "(fscdefaults?,fccdefaults?,filestoregroup*,loadbalancer*,fsc+,clientmap*,exitfsc*,entryfsc*,grouproute*)".
    at com.teamcenter.fms.config.FMSConfigParser.parseFMSConfigFromFile(FMSConfigParser.java:613)
    at com.teamcenter.fms.config.FMSConfigParser.parseMasterConfig(FMSConfigParser.java:407)
    at com.teamcenter.fms.config.FSCConfiguration.<init>(FSCConfiguration.java:386)
    at com.teamcenter.fms.config.FMSConfigManager.getFSCConfig(FMSConfigManager.java:210)

<entryfsc> and <exitfsc> tags must come after <clientmap>. Switch the order as shown in the error message...

The content of element type "fscgroup" must match
"(fscdefaults?,fccdefaults?,filestoregroup*,loadbalancer*,fsc+,clientmap*,exitfsc*,entryfsc*,grouproute*)".

exitfsc must be declared before entryfsc.

</clientmap>
<exitfsc fscid="FSC_GOTAP014_tceuser" populatetargetids="default,all" priority="0" />
<entryfsc fscid="FSC_GOTAP014_tceuser" priority="0" / >
</fscgroup>

Pioneer
Pioneer

That worked. I saw that in error message but the Siemens deployment guide examples shows exitfsc followed by entryfsc. Anyways it worked. I ran fscadmin -s http://fscid:4454 ./config/reload to reload the master configuration without restarting it since its live in production.

However, the read cache works but write still doesnt. The read cache count goes up but write doesn't. Here are the stpes followed for this test.

1. Create a new word dataset

2. Updated the file

3. cleared client cache

4. move volume to move files to central volume server

5. re-open the dataset, update the content and save it back

6. move volume to move files to central volume server

You are writing to a local volume (not caching) then moving the file to the central volume (read caching). I don't think you can trigger a write cache while using S&F? You can ask GTAC but I think your use-case won't do what you expect.