Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

session agent could not be started

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I need your help please if anyone knows my problem. I installed Session Agent for my Teamcenter.

Now I launch Teamcenter but the web navigator did not open and at the end of the process an error message appreared :"Session Agent could not be started". Then the process is closed.

For more information, i am pretty sure that my configuration is correct because i installed it on many pc but there are only certain pc seeing this problem, others worked correctly. I did not find any log file of this issue.

Here is an image of my problem.

Thank your for all your replies,

Thinh

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: session agent could not be started

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the session agent icon in your systray?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello Randy,

That's the point. My SessionAgent did not start. In fact, i discovered that the 'work' folder of SessionAgent could not be created. It is failed for a reason that i have been always looking for.

Thank you for you reply.

Can you start it manually using SessionAgentStart.bat? Do you have TCSSO_SESSION_AGENT_PATH set?

GTAC also mentions:
It is necessary to run "/sa" (case-sensitive) in the Login Service URL. Omitting "/sa" forces Security Services to operate in the old Java applet mode (for backward compatibility).

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I launched manually the batch file but SA application did not appear at the right low corner of the screen.

The environment variable is set, "sa" is added to the Login Service's URL.

I found out that the 'work' folder could not be created. Something prevented the creation although i used the administrator system account with full access.

Regards,

Thinh

Keep in mind that the "System" account is special. For instance, it doesn't have a Desktop (fails to place icon). Try logging in/running as a normal "Administrator" (User added to Administrators group)?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you Randy.

I will check my account and try your suggestion. I will tell you if it will have worked.

Regards,

Thinh

Pioneer
Pioneer

hello,
I found a solution for this issue. It turned out that the jre version 1.8.0_172 did not work with Session Agent and while installing jre, i did not uninstall other jre. The solution is during installation new jre for Session Agent, older jre versions have to be suppressed. I reinstalled jre1.8.0_161 and it worked correctly.
Thank you for your investment to this topic.

Regards,
Thinh