Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-set_internal_site issues in a Test Env

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

Quick (hopefully) question...

We've been working with a production clone for a while just to do upgrade testing, etc (clone created in TC8.3.3.8 and then upgraded to TC10.1.4). I didn't bother changing the Site ID since this was going to be blown away in the near future and recloned from our current TC10.1.4 prod env.

Long story short, I need to do some multisite testing with some workflows and other misc items and need to get this moving with all the data that I have in the existing clone. I want to update the Site ID/Enterprise ID so that I don't run into any issues with Prod (ODS, etc).

It looks like you can use generate_site_id and then install -set_internal_site to update the ID for the cloned site. Backup_xmlinfo shows the correct (new) site information once the install command was run. I updated all the FMS Master items with relation to the new Enterprise ID and can write to volumes.

The one thing that is bothering me is that in Organization/Sites, the Site ID still shows the old ID. I also noticed that "Is a test environment" is checked for this site now. I don't believe that was the case prior to the ID update. Does this option get updated when you run the set_internal_site command, and why doesn't the Site ID show the correct (new) ID? One thing to mention was that this site did provide ODS in our production environment, so that is on as well. I don't know if that could be the issue, not sure if the ODS tables may be .

I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something here, or if this utility isn't fully implemented properly. From what I understand it is relatively new.

Thanks!

Jeff

2 REPLIES

Re: -set_internal_site issues in a Test Env

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Jeff,

I also cloned our production environment to Test and see the Production Site Id in Test now. I changed other stuff like FMS master, volumes and transient volumes which carried from Prod to Test. But I am not able to change site id. You mentioned we can generate and update new site id. But you had problem that site id is not updated in Organization. Did you get a solution for it? If yes, Could please let me know how you did it.
Thanks in Advance.

Re: -set_internal_site issues in a Test Env

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to dig back into this lately. I didn't get any responses here and haven't had time to talk to GTAC. I may be going a different route with the workflows and may not need to do this. If you find a resolution, please post here.