cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set the dataset checkout temporary folder

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

As I understood, when we double-click a dataset object in Teamcenter, the system automatically
creates an implicit checkout and creates a temporary OS directory. Everytime I open a data set a new directory with a new random name has been created in my temp folder. The dataset file copied there from server for modification, and after modification, it has been saved and the dataset file has been removed.

Is it possible to set that  directory, in a way that datasets alwayes exported from server to that specific directory for modification?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: set the dataset checkout temporary folder

Phenom
Phenom
You can try setting the value in preference TC_check_out_dir

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi
Thank you for the help.
I tried it but I think it changed the directory of exported dataset when we explicitly checked out, by checked out function, not double-clicking on them.
When I double click on datasets, a new directory has been created in TEM with dataset inside it, same as before.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

You could try setting TcExportDir in client_specific.properties file to an explicit directory, so that the dataset on double click would reside in that directory (say you don't want to have the dataset files in TEMP directories). client_specific.properties file is in '...\portal\plugins\configuration_<TC version>' directory.

Removal of temporary folders I believe is by design. This is a way for teamcenter to ensure files are checked-in as newer dataset versions.

Harish

Phenom
Phenom

@HarishVenkat  , whether files should be removed or not, can also be set using this preference "TC_remove_file_on_check_in".

But I have not tested if this applies only for explicit check-in or also for closing of double-click-opened dataset.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Thank you. I tried to set a directory as you mentioned (Picture 1).

But still a new folder in temp directory had been created when I daule-click the data set (Picture2)