Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

tc_attribute_bulk_update examples

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

I want to bulk update objects by specifying the object UID.

Can someone supply some example for using the  tc_attribute_bulk_update utility with a input XML file (-inputfile) and a UID file list (-uidfile) as described in the help?

I can only find the syntax for the XML input file, not the UID file list XML file.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: tc_attribute_bulk_update examples

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No one?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@RandyEllsworth @ArthurRM @Jamie_Griffis You guys can comment about possible solution/method.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I tried and found out that this is a normal list of UIDs (without quotes), each on its own line, for example:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The XML format is optional, I tried txt and it works.

Command line for generate tcxml:

C:\Siemens\Teamcenter11\tc_menu>tc_attribute_bulk_update -u=infodba -p=password -g=dba -type=ItemRevision -update_prop=object_desc -update_value="red Desc" -update_prop=object_name -update_value="This is a new obj name" -uidfile=C:\Users\infodba\Desktop\test.txt

After that i tried this command line with argument -import, and attributes have been updated:

C:\Siemens\Teamcenter11\tc_menu>tc_attribute_bulk_update -u=infodba -p=password -g=dba -type=ItemRevision -update_prop=object_desc -update_value="red Desc" -update_prop=object_name -update_value="This is a new obj name" -uidfile=C:\Users\infodba\Desktop\test.txt -import

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

Here's an example of using the tc_attribute_bulk_update utility to update the UOM (uom_tag).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4