cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tem.bat stuck in recovery state

Creator
Creator

My Teamcenter Environment Manager installation is stuck in a recovery state.

When upgrading from NX8.5 to NX10, i'm told I need to have TeamCenter integration for NX installed as well. So i run tem.bat, click the checkbox for TeamCenter integration for NX and go to install it.  Then it errored out. Now it won't let me change the directory or anything.

I close and restart tem, and it goes into a 'recovery mode' where it shows the folder where tem.bat is located, but it's grayed out, read-only. And it tries to continue where it left off and errors out again. I can't seem to do anything about it. 

*An error has occurred during the operation. Review the problem description and suggested actions. If a failure requires some input, the fields will be displayed below. Click the following log file to some technical information which may be useful in troubleshooting the issue.
General Exception
Description
The tcexec task cannot find the TcDataComponent. Is an attribute missing?

"

Can i pass some variable to the tem.bat to reset the thing?

2 REPLIES

Re: tem.bat stuck in recovery state

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You cannot reset TEM using a variable but you can go back to a previous configuration.xml. You'll need to redo any changes you made between the old configuration.xml and the current one.

Rename configuration.xml to configuration.xml.bad

Rename a previous configuration<DATETIME>.xml to configuration.xml

Launch TEM

Note DATETIME will look something like

configuration1506281854.xml

Where the date time stamp is 06-28-2015 6:54 PM

Looked at another way

• 15 (two-number year)
  • 06 (month)
  • 28 (day)
  • 18 (24 hour)
  • 54 (minute)

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: tem.bat stuck in recovery state

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Randy's suggestion is correct if you want to roll back TEM so it isn't in recovery mode the next time you run it.

If you want to try to determine where the problem is, in case you want to run TEM again in the future, you should look at the install_XXXXX_##########.log files in your $TC_ROOT/install folder (where "XXXX" is the configuration ID and "##########" is the timestamp per Randy's description of the configuration backup file's name).

The install log file will contain the error you saw and possibly some indication of where the problem is coming from, and maybe pointers to additional log files that will help you diagnose the problem.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC