Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to perform the data sync

Can data sync be performed by the user who doesn't have the DBA previlages.

7 REPLIES

Re: unable to perform the data sync

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I believe they can in Rich Client (one-by-one) but not using the data_sync utility (batch)?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Thanks for the update Randy...is there any way can data_sync be performed using data_sync utility

You must be a system administrator.

One more question does sytem administrator previlages required for running data_share utility

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help/#uid:v1_data_share

This is generally infodba or another user with administration privileges. Be aware that when data_share is run by a system administrator, Has Bypass ACL is set and access control list rules are bypassed.

I have given previlages to role in a group similar to Has Bypass ACL except for Write Classification ICOs, Subscribe, Assign to Project and Remove from Project for the following objects Item, Item Master, BomView, Item Revision, Item Revision Master, UGMaster, UGPart, BomViewRevision and DirectModel and still get the error while running the data_sync utlity

When i run the data_share with the user being the role and group which has simlar access as admin(Has Bypass ACL) i don't get any error, the same doesn't work for data_sync, i get the error "ERROR: No dba or system privilege - Error 0" when in run data_sync utility...i am little confused

I would contact GTAC for a more complete list and to know if its even possible (certainly not recommended in my opinion).

There are many more workspace objects to consider. IXR's (Import/Export Record) and PAR's (Publish Archive Record) being a couple of them. Handing over the data_share keys to a non-DBA seems dangerous. There are a lot of considerations and the performer needs to know what they're doing, what the error conditions are, when to stop, etc. It would be easy for them to create a really big mess, really fast, which will take you a lifetime to clean up.