Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to TC12 from TC11.x

I am currently having TC11.5 and wanted to upgrade it to TC12.

When i look at TC12 upgrade guide it says those who are at TC11.x don't need to upgrade but they need the patch.

Capture.PNG

But I am not able to get install folder for TC12, which needs to be copied to patch tem.bat

and then I started the patch without patching the tem.bat, below error has been encountered.

Executing [set ORACLE_DBA_PASSWD=*****]
Running install

Executing ["install" -regen_facsimile_views -u=infodba -pf=D:\SOFT\TC\Server\TR\security\IZNTC_infodba.pwf -g=dba]
Output from command: "install" -regen_facsimile_views -u=infodba -pf=D:\SOFT\TC\Server\TR\security\IZNTC_infodba.pwf -g=dba
Selected option: regenerate facsimile views.
*** Caught an error while installing ... aborting!
command_exit=1
Exit Status 1, elapsed time 0:00:00
An error occurred during execution. Stack trace follows...
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.ExecTask.executeCmd(ExecTask.java:112)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.ExecTask.execute(ExecTask.java:69)
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.struct.tasks.TcexecTask.execute(TcexecTask.java:138)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.Task.execute(Task.java:139)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.blocks.CodeBlock.execute(CodeBlock.java:201)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.blocks.CodeBlock.execute(CodeBlock.java:181)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.patch.Patch.processPatchTasks(Patch.java:1188)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.patch.Patch.processPatchTasks(Patch.java:867)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.patch.Patch.finish(Patch.java:478)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.patch.Patch.begin(Patch.java:326)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.director.actions.PatchingAction.execute(PatchingAction.java:47)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.director.DirectorScript.execute(DirectorScript.java:145)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.director.Director.run(Director.java:134)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
*** CANCELLED
=====================================================
Installation interrupted due the following reason:

UPDATE MANAGER FAILURE: PatchingAction: Patch task failed while processing feature, 'Teamcenter Foundation': The following command returned a value of 1
"install" -regen_facsimile_views -u=infodba -pf=D:\SOFT\TC\Server\TR\security\IZNTC_infodba.pwf -g=dba
Time: Wed Jul 25 16:48:28 IST 2018

2 REPLIES

Re: upgrade to TC12 from TC11.x

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
You can try using the install folder after combining Tc12.0.0.0_wntx64_1_of_2.zip and Tc12.0.0.0_wntx64_2_of_2.zip into Tc12.0.0.0_wntx64. Then leverage Tc12.0.0.0_wntx64\install however there is a LOT more content in that new directory than in your old Tc11.x. Either GTAC needs to release another method for patching or you really need to go through an upgrade. I would do an upgrade and consider the doc to be incorrect.

The upgrade guide states that we need to reference the install guide and the install guide states that we need the patch_install.zip (for TEM) which was not delivered with Tc12. Time to call GTAC.

Note: I haven't moved to Tc12.0 yet so this is a guess.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: upgrade to TC12 from TC11.x

Thanks, @RandyEllsworth let me check with upgrade process and will get back with the results.