Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

what is TAO

Hi, Sorry for many questions.

I am learning TC archtecture.

My questions is what is TAO?

I heard that TcServer in Enterprize layer excute .exe and .dll and so on. So TAO show the user the result of the business logic such as dll and exe?

9 REPLIES

Re: what is TAO

It used to be Orbix (Teamcenter Engineering) and was replaced by TAO. The TAO ImR is used to connect Portal (Java) to tcserver.exe (C, C++) and leverages CORBA as a common language to enable the communication.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gimec
‎06-16-2016 08:52 PM

You can read more about it on Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAO_(software)

Hey @RandyEllsworth do you know of any way the TAO ImR command window can be hidden or disappear after its run its commands and connected to tcserver?  Perhaps adding a line at the end of Start_imr.bat or something? I've had some users in the past accidentally close it, lose their NX Managed session and sometimes hours of work. 

I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks!

Jake

Closing TAO will break your 2tier connection to Teamcenter. The best I've been able to do is to start it minimized.

Use Teamcenter 4 Tier Rich Client.

@Ganesh-IZ, the 4 tier Rich Client doesn't use TAO.

Yes Randy, So that User have no chance to close TAO, if there is no TAO...

The question was "What is TAO" not how can I avoid TAO. You could also have said "use the webclient" or "use Active Workspace" or "use NXManager" ... but none of those answers are helpful.

[ Edited ]

Though the topic revolves around TAO, the purpose of @Trec_admin is to avoid loss of time & efforts.

From that perspective, answer from @Ganesh-IZ , that we let users use 4-Tier instead of 2-Tier RAC, makes sense IMHO.

Apart from this,I think 4-Tier RAC is closer to 2-Tier RAC from functionality point of view (ignoring the server-utilities part) compared to other clients. (I don't know about AW though)