Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanksgiving– like Teamcenter - is better when everyone contributes

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Thanksgiving is celebrated in many countries as an opportunity to give thanks for the blessings of the preceding year. Traditionally it has its roots as a harvest festival, so it’s appropriate that we celebrate by getting family and friends together and enjoying a meal. In the US, we celebrate Thanksgiving this year on November 22nd. 

In my family, because there are more than a few of us – 26 and counting – that means a potluck. My siblings bring salads or side dishes, my sister-in-law has to bring her cheese ball (or there are tears), and my mother outdoes herself making the grandchildren’s favorites. Everyone brings their favorite sweet treats.

And the meal is better for everyone’s contributions.

Thanksgiving-1.jpg

We all have our specialties, and while we could probably get the meal to the table without one or two of us, it wouldn’t go as smoothly, or satisfy everyone. Some of us eat a traditional meal with a little bit of all the fixings. My younger nieces and nephews can grab their favorites (and avoid the green stuff). My brother-in-law can make a turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich, and my son can eat his fill of the sweet potatoes and marshmallow casserole.

It’s the same when you plan, manufacture, and support products. You get a better product when all the disciplines can contribute their specialties, and each use different portions from the smorgasbord of information in different ways.

Thanksgiving  Teamcenter Contribution.jpgWith Teamcenter Document Management and Publishing tools we’re giving you new ways to pull that information into product documents to save you time, and produce more accurate information for internal and external users. Everyone can contribute the information from their specialty, and others can use portions of those contributions to enhance their own work product. Quality engineers can use attribute exchange to pull part information into test documents. Logisticians can pull service plan information into work instructions using RapidAuthor. Documents can automatically include project, distribution and signature information based on workflow and project applicability on their cover pages. Package designers can reuse Teamcenter digital assets as part of artwork and layouts.

I encourage you to take a closer look at how you can reuse information already contributed in Teamcenter by your co-workers, and I hope you and yours find time to gather around the table together this holiday season, enjoying each other’s contributions.

Take a look at our 12 Days of Teamcenter series this holiday season and enjoy the other articles. 

Day 1: Celebrating Diwali, A Festival of Lights

Day 2: Skating with Teamcenter

Day 3: Thanksgiving– Like Teamcenter - Is Better When Everyone Contributes

Day 4: Configuration Management Saves Holiday Shopping

Day 5: All I Want For Christmas is Active Workspace 4.1

Day 6:  Unwrap The New Look of Teamcenter Using Active Workspace

Day 7: 'Tis the Season To Achieve Green Initiatives

Day 8: Were you cost-conscious this year? St. Nicholas has a special gift for you! 

Day 9: Polar Electro Brings Together Mechanical and Electronic Product Development

Day 10: Celebrating Hanukkah, A Festival of Dedication