Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Rendering for AWC Viewer

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi everyone
In Active Workspace in viewer tab when I want to see NX Datasets I get this message:

"3D rendering is not enable for this server."

How can I enable 3D rendering to solve it.

Teamcenter 11.3, AWC 3.4, NX 11

Best Regard
13 REPLIES 13

Re: 3D Rendering for AWC Viewer

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I think you should install the Visualization Server. It displays the JT format in 3D

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/3.4/aw_html_collection#uid:xid1284832:index_Deployme...

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

From what I have heard, a future version of active workspace, will allow graphics to be generated on the client, as opposed to on the server, as it is now.  We are anxiously waiting for this.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Legend
Legend

Hi @DaveK,

It's available since Active Workspace 4.0.

There is a preference called "AWV0ViewerRenderOption" and you can specifiy whether you want "SSR" (Server-side rendering) or "CSR" (Client-side rendering).

Hope this helps !

Best regards,
Frédéric.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thanks.  Maybe it was a Teamcenter update we needed then, for AWC 4 to work.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Legend
Legend

Maybe ? Not all features of active workspace are enabled depending on your teamcenter version (but I think you already know it).

What I can say is that I've got it working with Tc11.4.0.6/AW4.0.2 and Tc11.4.0.10/AW4.0.3.

Best regards,

Frédéric.

Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, is any software required for rendering on the client side? Teamcenter Visualization? Or something else?

Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I read a little about it, it looks like it still needs a server, but already without a high-performance GPU

https://www.bct-technology.com/en/support/tips-tricks/teamcenter-active-workspace-34-whats-new-part-...

Gears Phenom

Server-side rendering or Client-side rendering (Read the note, For Client-side rendering Visualization Server also is needed)

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/4.0/aw_html_collection#uid:xid1284832:index_Deployme...

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
With client side rendering in AW you can see server side graphics requirements becoming obsolete. There are two independent AW configurations needed to do so. One as discussed for the 3D viewer and one for the overview tab 3d preview frame. You can find detsils on both in AW documentation.
Concerning client side prerequisites, you will need web-gl capability in the browser. Browsers differ in the level of support for web-gl.
For exsmple IE does not support HW based web-gl rendering at all. Here sll rendering is done on cpu. Firefox is a bit better, but mixes hw and sw rendering internally. At least there is chance to tweak the behavior a bit by changing ootb firefox settings. You will get better adjustable behavior with Chrome. Here you can define 100% hw based rendering.
In general it is definitly worth investigating these settings. Doing so I could see huge differences in performance.
For web-gl settings for these browsers you may need to dive into the development forums.

Regards, Hannes

Von meinem Android-Telefon mit TouchDown (www.symantec.com) gesendet

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software GmbH; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 84564