cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Workspace customization - incremental compilation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everyone,

I'm tring to develop a custom module for Active Workspace. The problem is that I have to rebuild the "war" file quite often, I use gwtcompile.cmd.  Every single rebuild takes several minutes, which is quite slow for development.

So I'm looking for a way to do incremental compilation. It was not desribed in Configuration/Customization guides. Is the process described anywhere? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Active Workspace customization - incremental compilation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok, I got it working.  Just for the record.

I downloaded latest Eclipse Neon2, installed GWT plugin in it.  Then created a fresh project in Eclipse with name ThinClient, checked "sample code" checkbox just to have a directory structure.

Then I removed all internals of that project and copied javac/tc-aw-framework folder content. Then I added all jars to the build path from folders repo/war and repo/gwt. 

Then I removed everything from the war folder and copied the contents of the out/war folder. 

After that, I was able to run the Active Workspace from Eclipse in Super dev mode. 

I can add all my custom modules to that Eclipse project, it seems I cannot use symlinks there. The Eclipse picks up all changes in my modules and quickly recompiles them if I reload the page.

Re: Active Workspace customization - incremental compilation

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Point missed: While running the project from eclipse, new thinclient.nocache.js will be created with different size. so, just clear out the "/thinclient/thinclient.nocache.js,....,/thinclient/thinclient.nocache.js.gz,.." line from "<project>\war\WEB-INF\GZFileFilter.manifest" file in eclipse.