Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Active Workspace live debugging of GWT code

Hello Everyone,

In the configuration guide the following is stated:

"A development mode that supports live debugging of the Java code while it is running in the browser."

But I do not seem to find any instruction on setting up the environment.

Technically I can setup the environment If I host the AWS inside Eclipse embedded debugging GWT server. But that will require me to adapt the existing compilation toolchain of AWS which is based on nodejs and windows cmd files. Is there a better way?

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bangybug
‎02-10-2017 03:06 AM

Re: Active Workspace live debugging of GWT code

A bit of a tweak to your requirement. Active Workspace (no longer called AWS) runs in a browser. Use the browser tools to debug? Firefox or Chrome both have terrific tools on this front (google it).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: Active Workspace live debugging of GWT code

Thanks for your reply. 

Just for the recrod.

1. I downloaded latest Eclipse Neon.2, installed GWT for it.

2. I deployed GWT code server with Active Workspase.  I used Eclipse, created a project with name "ThinClient", added all jars from Active Workspace to the build path. The project then was able to compile, but it did not run, because I did not port the whole nodejs compilation toolchain to Eclipse. But that was enough to run codeserver.

3. Then I used Super Dev Mode Chrome extension to debug java sources inside Chrome. And that worked!

But I still miss the ability to do incremental compilation while I develop my extension modules.