cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Item ID to Description field During Drag and Drop Option

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When a user drags and drops a document to an Item Revision from the users desktop is there an option where the description field is populated with what the Item Revision ID is.

thanks

Paul

5 REPLIES

Re: Add Item ID to Description field During Drag and Drop Option

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Is there a reason why you want to put the info on the description? Putting it in the display name of the dataset or adding a compund property is pretty straightforward.

xtof

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When users drag and drop documents against an order into Teamcenter from a local/network drive I needed a place that was out of the box OOTB where this could be done.  Then during a search of all documents against an order a user can easily view them.

thanks

Paul

Creator
Creator

Can you try adding $item_revision to the complexproperty property constant of object_desc of the dataset in BMIDE and see if it works. I have not tested it, but maybe it will work. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I had a llok at the online help. I think the idea with $item_revision does not work:

Siemens-Dokumentation

The ComplexProperty property constant applies only to the following business objects: Item , ItemRevision , Alias , Identifier , Dataset , and Form . In addition, source properties and the destination property must belong to the same object.

I think you first have to create a compound property like dataset.item_revision -> ItemRevision.object_name.

xtof

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Happy New Year.

Thanks for the reply.  I am waiting for our Test server, so I can test.

I just went live a month ago.  I will keep you posted.

Paul