Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding a remote volume server with CAD integration

Hi everyone. 

We have a possible customer here in PH which wants to connect to the their main TC site located in US.

I have read a thread here in TC forum and asked if the integrations for CAD tools (UG and Catia) would also be done in US, I got an answer from Randy Ellsworth:

"That depends. For instance, with NX, you can establish an NX Custom structure to store site preferences and group templates. The NX Custom structure is usually distributed so that the main shared folder structure is in the US and is sync'd/pushed to the NX Custom structure in PH. This allows you to have site specific preferences set in PH.

So my answer to you is, it depends on your CAD setup and if you use shared folders. If you're just modifying settings on everyone's machine individually then there probably isn't much you can do for the group."

Just want to get futher explanation on this as I am not familiar with TC implementation. Haven't done this - I am just starting to use TC and my experiences are more on pre-sales demo. I haven't seen an actual deployment.

May I ask what do you mean by the custom structure? And how is it done in other CAD tools aside from NX?

Also, this part is not so clear to me: 

"...it depends on your CAD setup and if you use shared folders. If you're just modifying settings on everyone's machine individually then there probably isn't much you can do for the group."

By the way,big thanks to Mr. Randy Ellsworth for giving his input on this!

Regards

Lyka