Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

An error occured while calling an FCC Proxy function

We are using the Chrysler Environment for TeamCenter and NX. (TeamCenter 10.1.2.1 and  NX 9.0.3.4).

Whenever I try to export a Drawing from NX to a PDF if I choose (for Action) "File Browser", I get a message that the PDF export is complete, but there is no file created.

If I choose (for Action) "Create New", I get "An error occured while calling an FCC Proxy function.".

I have attached the syslog from a session where I recreated this (it does this EVERY time).

Can anyone help us?

Thanks!

Corby

4 REPLIES

Re: An error occured while calling an FCC Proxy function

Could anyone help us with this? Is this the correct forum? (Or, should I post it in the NX forum?)

Thanks!

Corby

This is the correct forum, but not every problem has been encountered by every user.
You should also contact GTAC, they have access to all the problems reported to them.
Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

Certainly, I understand that "not every problem has been encountered by every user". Smiley Wink I was simply under the impression that Siemens employees may monitor these forums and assist their customers, when possible. Since that didn't happen, I wondered if I had posted it to the right forum (because, technically this isn't a "Teamcenter" issue, it is really an "NX" issue).

[ Edited ]

It is only an NX issue, when you are running NX in managed mode as it is done in conjunction with Teamcenter.

The FCC proxy is a feature of Teamcenter and not needed in native NX.

Siemens employees are monitoring these forums not so frequently.

I would always check with GTAC first, so you can get the issue resolved with the help of development.

Checking these forums is the second way, if GTAC takes too long to response.

With migrating to Teamcenter 8.3 and NX 7.5 the amount of FCC proxy errors encountered has decreased immensely.

If we now encounter one, it is always a missing named reference also known as physical file.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community