Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Load Option "Load As Saved" TCIC

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, all!

we are using TC 11.2.3.1 with NX 11.0.1 mp02 and TCIC 11.0.3

In NX we can open assemblies with "Load as Saved" and I would like to do the same in my TCIC.

(loading asembly configuration as it was saved last time)

does anybody know how to do that?

11 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Load Option "Load As Saved" TCIC

Genius
Genius

Hi,

TCIC do support this but not on normal Load command but only for Load as reference command where Data is loaded in seperate directory than regular staging and can be used later for DMU purpose.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, Bhojraj

could you explaine in more details how to use load as reference to get that result that I need?

I`ve tried to use it but still load latest revision not as saved(

Genius
Genius

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4InYAZZ-LE4 

This AVI could help.

You need to set value to true in TcIC_assyconfig_menu option in tcic_var_env.xml exist in env folder of Teamcenter client installation to see option of Save Assembly configuration.

Pioneer
Pioneer

still don`t get it(

I`ve chanched <TcIC_assyconfig_menu> to true in tcic_var_env.xml
I`ve created assembly A00-C00 and save it into TC but my component C already have 01 revision.

After that I`ve loaded assembly as referenced (also tried regular way) A00 but I see A00-C01 and not A00-C00 as it was saved.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps "save precise" will work for you?

Genius
Genius

This is not how it works... working methodology is

You have to open Assembly in structure manager, chnage configuration ( using Rev Rule/ O & V/...) and Save Assemly configuration using TcIC menu in Teamceneter.

Now use load as reference to load this assembly...

This Assembly configuration saved earalier will be remember by TcIC and will prompt you to load when perform load as reference.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps my understanding of "assembly configuration" is incorrect. For various reasons, some users have a need to work with an assembly that uses a particular revision of each component. When this happens, they load the assembly (in NX) with the components they need then use the "save precise assembly" command in NX. As long as the load option in use looks for precise assembly information first (e.g.such as the OOTB "latest working" option), the assembly will be opened exactly as they saved it.

This works, but I'm curious about saving the configuration in TC. Perhaps in the long run that will be a better method for us. Can you save multiple different configurations in TC and choose which one to load in NX?

Genius
Genius

I dont how it works with NX but this something supported by TcIC and yes we can save multiple different configurations in TC and choose which one to load in CATIA..

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Works the same way in NX. Configure the BOM in Structure Manager to get what you want then send to NX to open that configuration.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4