cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Weight Data in Team Center

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am currently using NX to develop weight reports via Menu > Analysis > Advanced Mass Properties > Advanced Weight Management > Work Part. These reports include all important information that I need such as Mass, CoG, Moments of Intertia etc...

The problem I am having is that NX takes a long time to develop these weight reports and it is tedious and time consuming to open NX and re-run them whenever there is a small change (especially for large high-level assemblies).

The goal is to be able to either run a similar report through Team Center or at least see the mass and corresponding weight data there, eliminating the need to open NX at all. I am aware that within the UGPART-MSSPR > named references, the weight data can be seen, however, for assemblies this weight data shows up as 0 and does not roll-up properly. After contacting Siemens and filing an incident report it is clear that this problem won't be solved anytime soon.

Does anyone know of another way to develop accurate weight reports for assemblies out of Team Center that contain the important information mentioned above such as mass, CoG, moments of inertia? It is important that the data is automatically updated upon any changes made to NX. For reference I am currently using NX 11 and Team Center 10.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Weight Data in Team Center

Check the link, if it is useful in your case for the assemblies.

(NXMGR) Attribute Mapping: NX not reading UGPART-PASSPR mass, writing zero mass

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Genius
Genius

I am aware that within the UGPART-MSSPR > named references, the weight data can be seen, however, for assemblies this weight data shows up as 0 and does not roll-up properly.

Hi Jeremy.

As far I know, UGPART_MASSPROP form store mass attribute value only for asembly components or certain part(if Generate weight data on save enabled).

So, this worked as desired. The mass value for assembly will not be null only if you have some geometry in assembly level. If you want to have calculated mass of all assembly components - i think you have to make some customization for that.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the response Alex.

I think you are right in that some form of customization will be necessary to calculate the mass and desired weight data for all assembly components in TC. Are you familiar with any specific customization or work around that has been used before? I am trying to brainstorm ways this can be done.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Ganesh,

I believe this solution only applies for individual components in NX. At the part level the UGPART-MASSPR is working fine and has been mapped correctly to TC. I spoke with GTAC myself and they said TC cannot currently roll-up components of an assembly within the UGPART-MASSPR.